08 September 2006

Workarounds: 2 - Finetuning "About Me"

IF YOU will care to notice, there are now two "About Me"s in my sidebar. It is there to demonstrate another successful workaround I managed to implement, this time resolving my inability to remove the picture that automatically comes from my Blogger profile.

The trick is to use the Text widget among the page items that can be added using the Template > Page Element function.

It required some trial-and-error HTML work on my part to exactly produce the outcome I had in mind after adding the Text widget. Specifically, it required tinkering with the Span tag to manage font type and size and the Ul tag to separate the "View my complete profile" link from the main bodytext.

Unable to find a way to eliminate the space between the post title and the body, I think I will have to make do with what I accomplished thus far. Which means I am ready to migrate my other blog to Blogger Beta.:)

No comments: