04 September 2006

The power of previewing HTML edits

IT WAS just past 4pm and I was already done explaining our Reinventing the Naga City School Board initiative to a group of visiting international academics and NGO workers. So I took the time to look under the hood of my test blog and do additional formatting tasks using HTML edit.

For one, I was not happy with the space between the post title and the body text. Unlike my other blog, where text flows directly right after the title, there is that white half-space separating the two in this test blog.

For another, the post title and body text are practically indented almost beside the left margin, which makes for a wider workspace that is too irritating to the eye. Unlike Microsoft Word, there are no similar point-and-click formatting tools available in Blogger Beta.

Fortunately, there is the highly useful "Preview" button when one invokes the Template > Edit HTML function -- a carry-over from the previous incarnation. In fact, it saved my day many a times when my trial-and-error attempts went awry. And while I was not able to fix the half-space separator, the white space to the left and right has made this test blog definitely more eye-pleasing.

No comments: