03 September 2006

Looking back...

SO, AFTER a night-long sleep punctuated by waking up at midnight to attend to a crying daughter, where do I go from here? Before answering that, let me review what I accomplished:

For the whole of yesterday, I:

  • set up this test blog, and chose a working template (Sand Dollar)
  • manipulated the blog's fonts to approximate my personal blog
  • incorporated changes in the sidebar, starting with the "About Me" and the Blogger logo widgets
  • updated my links by typing all that I had in the other blog here, but was dismayed by an apparent inability to categorize them
  • made post categorization operational (the main reason why I tried migrating to Wordpress) using the "Labels" widget
  • successfully embedded the Technorati javascript in the sidebar, which meant I claimed this as my second blog
  • discovered a workaround to the apparent inability to categorize links by adding mutiple elements of the same widget, and
  • shifted the working template (Sand Dollar) to my preferred template (Jellyfish).
All these, ladies and gentlemen, without using the restored edit HTML functionality and tinkering with the HTML codes of this test blog. How about that for an enhanced blogging experience!

No comments: