02 September 2006

Updating links

MY FINAL task early this morning, before I drive down to my planning workshop at the city center, is migrating the links from my personal blog to this test blog.

The "Links" section is another widget that one can automatically include in the sidebar, using the Page Element tool in the Template tab.

On the whole, it took me more than 10 minutes to complete the process as I had to input the information required (essentially every site URL and site name) one by one. I am not familiar with importing/exporting links so I had to ditch that option.

A significant limitation: It is not possible to organize one's links the way I did under my personal blog (where these are categorized under "Institutions," "Blogs," "Media," and Resources). Wordpress has this capability, by the way.

I hope it can be done under HTML editing, as I love the way my links are organized and presented in that blog.

No comments: