19 September 2006

Fixing width issues in Internet Explorer

I'VE uninstalled Internet Explorer for a number of months now, so I use the local Windows Explorer to see how the Microsoft browser handles my other blog.

Early today, I did the same with this test blog: a critical afterthought considering that IE does not intuitively understand the logic of my 3-column template design, unlike Mozilla Firefox. (Another proof of the latter's hands-down superiority.) As a result, my blog posts spill over into the right sidebar.

After checking how my two sidebars were structured, I identified the absence of a width declaration in the blogpost wrapper. Defining the best width through trial and error, and saving it in my code, zapped the problem away. The test blog still looks jagged and worn out in IE, but it definitely looks better. Yet it cannot compare with how Firefox renders the whole thing.

2 comments:

Marcos (ambot-ah.com) said...

hello, I'm trying my luck with blogger beta too .hehe ... So far made this little site:

http://exploreguimaras.blogspot.com

Willy B Prilles, Jr said...

That's a cool site chymera. I'll brush up on my CSS some more. When I get tired of my template, I want to do something like the horizontal navigation bar that you have.