02 September 2006

Enhancing "Links" through multiple widgets

THE VERY first impediment to the full migration of my personal blog when I first discovered Blogger Beta was (apparently) the lack of sub-categorization of my links.

Truth of the matter is, I like how I was able to organize my links under the original Blogger, using a trial-and-error method in the HTML code underpinning it. It had four sub-categories: Institutions, Blogs, Media and Resources.

Now, Blogger Beta allows you to do that in a limited way: through multiple addition of page elements using the Template > Page Elements function. Limited because unlike the previous incarnation, these page elements are independent of each other; there is no organizing supertitle like "Links" which I used.

Thus, you will see my sidebar already featuring four standalone Links List widgets corresponding to what I had. Though I like my original configuration better, this is, for the moment, good enough.

No comments: